Be Happy Even If You Are Broke

When you are broke it doesn't mean you're not happy. Is that correct? Okay, admit it, we're sad. And the title above is just easier said than done, right?

To tell you the truth, while I'm writing this, I can say I'm not happy as, again, this month, I fail to make end meets. I am somewhat a failed breadwinner. It's in the middle of the month, and I am starting to do the most thing that I hate in life, that is borrowing money from relatives, neighbors and coworkers. My wife likes to do so and since I married her, I have already piled up a sum of debts so far. That's normal in family life, especially those living in developing countries like me.

So what's the point here that you may say you are free from pressure? What makes you think that with a lot of debts you should be happy? You're broke, and that cannot be replaced by word fortune, can it?

Really? It seems like we miss something here.

First, there's a positive point of view to be outlined here, that, while we're broke we can still breath, and think and decide, and therefore we can do something to survive. This is challenge. The energy of having insufficient belonging can trigger our spirit to do something which consequently creates nothing to something. We may be not focusing on how to be happy while we're broke. But we are automatically in good condition that what we've been doing leads us to a happy step of life, be it called struggle, effort, pursuit and so on.

Second, being a tough guy, being a strong person, being an exception in a difficult situation, this kind of test will let our eyes open that happiness doesn't belong to pleasure seekers only, but to whom doing things to improve their life.

You think you're not happy with that? Just be in my position and feel it, if you give up and you say that is happiness. We know the rule: someone is happy when has done his best. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...